State and local agencies experience massive spikes in Unemployment Insurance (UI) inquiries and claims stemming from COVID-19 business impacts.
Navient engages with state UI agencies to rapidly deploy technology and specialized, bilingual staffing solutions that meet claimants’ urgent needs.
From March to November 2020 alone, Navient trained 3,000 new representatives for our clients’ urgent program needs.
State of Indiana – Department of Workforce Development
- Services deployed in about 5 business days
- Providing telephony technology and nearly 300 experienced customer service agents who can assist with resolving:
- Status (eligibility; Able and Available; etc.)
- BPC/questionable identity (QI)
- Website co-browsing and decision support
- Account resets
- Within a week, cleaned up backlog of 1,000+ accounts flagged for potential fraud and cleaned up 10,000+ accounts within three months
- We reduced wait times for claimants by more than 4,000%, ensuring a better constituent experience
New York State – Department of Labor
- Providing experienced staffing resources for approximately 500 customer service agents who assist with benefit claims, general inquiries, document processing, ongoing claims support
- Services deployed in 5 business days
- In first six months, interacted with more than 2 million claimants
- Efficiency results up to 32% better than those of other providers on the contract
State of New Jersey – Department of Labor & Workforce Development
- Providing experienced staffing resources for approximately 300 customer service agents who can assist with benefit claims, general inquiries, and ongoing claims support
- Services deployed in 10 business days
- By early 2021, we had handled more than 740,000 inbound calls and placed more than 537,000 callbacks
- 99.999% system uptime
"I lost my job due to COVID-19, which has been immensely difficult financially and emotionally. [Navient employee] explained in detail, was positive and friendly and the most thorough customer service rep I’ve ever spoken to."
– Recent caller